- UROUTE® now offers brokers two ways to utilize its digital freight exchange.
- UROUTE seeks to bridge the gap between shippers, carriers and freight brokers, allowing for all interaction to take place on a single platform and increase efficiency and profit for all participants.
- For over ten years, freight brokers have connected with customers and found freight opportunities in UROUTE’s digital freight exchange.
UROUTE® now offers brokers two ways to utilize its digital freight exchange, the first, already in play, is finding freight, the second is a way to supplement their motor carrier capacity inside the existing portal. This new avenue of mutually beneficial freight fulfilment seeks to bridge the gap between shippers, carriers and freight brokers in a fair and impartial digital freight exchange. The biggest perk for shippers? A wider selection of capacity providers to choose from to get assets to the desired destination within the desired timeframe, every load, every time. The biggest perk for carriers? Managing your direct shipper headhaul and sourcing your broker backhaul on a single platform means zero data entry or time wasted platform hopping.
Freight Broker Best Use Cases
A freight broker’s size and business needs will determine the best way to leverage UROUTE’s digital freight exchange.
- Larger, more technologically sophisticated brokers, can use UROUTE’s open application programming interface (API) integration to seamlessly present their freight opportunities to motor carriers in the digital freight exchange.
- Smaller brokers can use UROUTE’s recently offered freight broker interactive transportation management system (TMS) software inside the digital freight exchange.
Jonathan Sturtz, UROUTE’s Founder, believes, “One portal for brokers to find shipper customers and obtain highly coveted truck capacity is an absolute win for brokers of any size. This remains true, possibly even more so, for smaller brokers that may not have the resources or volume to develop their own captive marketplace. UROUTE offers these smaller brokers an unbiased, uncompromised home to join the party of next generation load matching and freight exchanges.”
A New Avenue with a Tried-and-True Software Provider
For over ten years, freight brokers have connected with customers and found freight opportunities within UROUTE. Shippers (BCOs) utilize UROUTE’s powerful and interactive (TMS) to plan, optimize, route, schedule, bill audit and of course, freight procurement, both spot and contractual. UROUTE also offers a completely free TMS for motor carriers. The original intent was primarily to provide shippers with expanded end-to-end visibility, but motor carriers soon realized the benefit of leveraging UROUTE to fully manage their trucking operations.
UROUTE’s digital freight exchange is not an open load board, shippers and capacity providers must network and agree to work together. However, once inside a shipper’s network, motor carriers and freight brokers have equal opportunity to compete in an unbiased, uncompromised exchange, from both a price and service perspective.
“We already have solid relationships with freight brokers using our portal to find freight. It was a logical next step to allow those brokers to fish in our motor carrier pond, which continues to grow daily,” said Jonathan Sturtz.
Ready to change the way you work? Learn more about how UROUTE can work for your business today!